Total weight loss = Hubby ~ 24 lbs and Kate’s ~ 13 lbs
Just a regular week with the Aiken’s this week, thank goodness! I have a few new recipes to try this week. Paleo Pizza is from my Everyday Paleo recipe book and I thought I could add cheese to the kids pizzas and create my own toppings. My family are fond of meat feast pizzas where as I like to add pineapple and jalapeños. The best thing about creating your own is that you can create your own
My friend Rachel also made paleo meatball last week and she has inspired me to try making my own Thanks Rachel!! So I found a recipe in Everyday Paleo again but instead of using sausage I intend to use buffalo ground meat. I also like the look of this Sausage Hash as I love love LOVE mashed sweet potatoes and this dish looks YUMMY!
Finally I want to bring “Brinner” back! I have made paleo pumpkin pancakes on a few occasions and enjoy them but I happened to stumble upon The Food Lovers’ Primal Palate’s Almond Flour Pancake recipe and though Ooooo almond flour pancakes, got to give those a go! Think I will add a few chic chips for the Roo and maybe some fresh blueberries for myself Obviously everything tastes better with bacon right so I’ll add a few rashes of crispy bacon as a side… YUMMY!
Here’s the proposed meal plan for this week!
- Monday: Spaghetti Squash Buffalo Bolognese
- Tuesday: Paleo Pizza/Buffalo Chili
- Wednesday: Sausage Casserole
- Thursday: Rachel inspired marvelous paleo meatballs buffalo style with sausage sweet potato hash and broccoli
- Friday: Paleo almond flour pancakes with bacon OR leftovers for those who don’t want pancakes OR for those who want both
- Saturday: Steak and Shrimp Saturday!
- Sunday: Slow cooked chicken, pigs in blankets and roasted veggies.
I plan on upping the exercise this week. I got only one good swim in last week, but this week I plan on power walking/power talking with the lovely Angie and hopefully 2 decent swims during the week ahead!