Renowned across the globe for her scrummy pavlovas. No matter which party or event Debbie attends she is never without a pavlova in hand… I kid you not! Her non paleo recipe is in the Microsoft cookbook and her pavlova’s have raised a tidy price at auction! My hubby’s birthday cake each year is always a Debbie Pavlova. So Debbie couldn’t go empty handed to Thanksgiving this year without a pavlova right?! NO she couldn’t and YES she did it again, a delicious paleo pavlova his time, to share. Paleo pavlova doesn’t go crunchy like regular pavlovas, more of a soft meringue as in lemon meringue. if you like coconut then you will love the cream. Paleo pavlova is super yummy and hit the spot without a doubt!
Thanks Cavegirl Debbie!
Originally published on Southern Crossfit.
Here’s Debbie’s version…
- 6 egg whites
- 150 ml Agave Syrup
- 2 Tbs.Arrowroot
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 2 cans of chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- few drops of vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 300* F
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks start to form, slowly add agave syrup.
- Keep whisking white until peaks start to firm, add arrowroot.
- Finish by adding lemon juice.
- Scoop mix onto grease proof paper to form individual portions, about the size of your fist.
- Place in oven @ 300*F for 10 mins then turn oven down to 250*F and cook for a further 50 mins. Once the hour is up turn oven off and let the pavlovas cool in the oven, do not remove until cool.
- Cream: chill the cans of coconut over night and then scoop off the solid cream in to a bowl
- Add cinnamon and vanilla then whisk
- Serve with fresh sliced strawberries or raspberries (or any fruit you like)
Another great paleo recipe! This lifestyle just keeps getting better and better!